Damit wirst du zum U-Boot! DIY Tauchscooter selber bauen! Subtitled!

Damit wirst du zum U-Boot! DIY Tauchscooter selber bauen! Subtitled!


Today I am going to show you my homebuilt sea-scooter. The battery, as well as the 500 watts motor are from this old lawn mower. I started with soldering two ball bearings between those copper tubes. Also I added a small nozzle, to provide the bearings with lubrication afterwards. Then, I glued the copper tube between those wooden rings. Then I stacked even more of those rings, and turned them round. Also I cut out the pieces for the casing. Then I painted all the surfaces, which later on will get connected just with silicone. Because of that it is later on possible to exchange parts like the bearings or the shaft. A washer is weldet to the shaft, so that I can later mount the propeller against it. Those two nuts will later connect the motor with the shaft. To get it running smoothely, I turned the motor on and then weldet it. Because the parts would unscrew themself when used, I made this connection which prevents the untwisting of the shaft and the connection nut. I also used this rubber piece to prevent water from getting inside of the housing. Here you can see me gluing the parts with silicone. Later I will be able to get inside again. All holes of the screws get covered and ground flat. Just like I did it with my unsinkable 2. Then I already built the housing for the battery. The motor has 500 watts and gets provided with 24 volts. Because of the second plate, the mounting screws of the motor get covered, so no water gets inside. The controller I used is the one out of my scooterbike. It only has a inlet, a outlet, a cable for a switch and the cables for the handlebar controller. Those additional stripes are just to have enough meat for the bolts. I used a piece of curtain panel as the back plate. Thats because I don´t need to paint it. The paint would just come of when mounting it. The connection piece, which prevents unscrewing, is hold in place by a small side screw. Then I already painted it. The darker stuff is just the primer. Because I calculated the volume wrong I need additional volume to not make it sink. I just used styrofoam, which also makes the whole thing much more streamlined. I sealed the magnet sensor in the handle bar controller using hot glue. So water is no problem any more. I used epdm rubber to make a seal. this is the same rubber I use in my drycell. I also used silicone to glue it in place. Then I provided the bearings with some biodegradeable fat. The srew underneath is just to eventally get trapped water out of the bearinghousing. This is my shutdown switch, which I controll with a magnet from outside. The batteries have sadly been deeply discharged. This is why I got allowed to disassemble the lawn mower(: So I just bought new ones for around 40 €. The styrofoam on the back us just to keep it from sinking. Because propeller only push a boat, and the spinning direction cant be changed, I just mounted it backwards. It works extremely smooth and fine! However, it suddenly stopped workinhg during the first test. Later on I found out that a connection inside of the battery broke. So I still need to give it a longer testrunn. For that I will of course also use a stronger propeller, which will pull much faster. Also I still need a creative name which I will write onto it. So please leave me suggestions for that. Thank you all for watching! I hope I was able to inspire you a little bit to build your own one. See ya next time!

You may also like

14 Comments

  1. Sehr geiles Projekt, echt unglaublich was man mit etwas Einfallsreichtum und Mühe alles schaffen kann 😀

  2. Sehr gut umgesetzt. Als ich die erste Story angesehen habe dachte ich mir nicht, dass das so gut funktionieren würde.

  3. Cooles Projekt, die Schiffschraube könnte man ja auch aus Holz selber machen, vielleicht sogar mit verstellbaren Flügeln so könnte man dann einfach rumprobieren um den Perfekten Zug hinzubekommen.

  4. Sehr cooles Projekt! Tolles Video! Einen Propeller könntest du dir doch leicht bauen oder sogar aus Aluminium gießen (z.B. aus Styropor im "Lost Foam Verfahren" da könntest du auch schnell und einfach ein paar unterschiedliche Formen realisieren)

  5. Wow, respekt, dass du das so gut hinbekommen hast!
    Da es ja auch zum Sinken gedacht ist, könntest du dir ja den Spaß mit der "Sinkbar I" erlauben ^-^

  6. Ein cooles Projekt! 👍 Man könnte zum Schluss, wenn die richtige Schraube eingebaut ist, einen Schutzkäfig anbringen. Dann ist man nicht nur selbst mehr geschützt, sondern auch die Schraube, wenn man mal näher am Grund oder an Steinen unterwegs ist.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *